The BGX Radio Hour at Boutique Guitar Exchange
Wednesday 5/31/17 @ 6pm, Tuesday 6/6/17 @ 8pm on AM 1690.
BGX RADIO HOUR PRESENTS PART 1 OF
THE HARAWAY BROTHERS AND MIA GREEN
Tonight's show features The Haraway Brothers and Mia Green in the 1st installment of two shows. These fantastic bands have so much going on we decided to make two shows out of all the amazing material in their repertoire.
The Haraway Brothers came into the store not too long ago and played an awesome set for us, and gave us the low down on gigs coming down the pike. Their new CD "Wish You Love & Luck In The World" is out now everywhere. Their official CD release is June 17th at the Vista Room
Mia Green recently released Sun & Moon and Matt (her songwriting partner and lead guitarist) got a fantastic live recording of the band's CD release show at Kavarna. We'll also hear songs off the album itself. Mia and the band play this Sat at Virginia Highlands Fest at 3pm on the Highland Stage - and are part of the world famous Eddie's Attic Acoustic Shootout Finals on June 10th!
Don't miss these two shows - starting tonight on 1690AM at 6pm.
Listen online here: https://beta.tunein.com/radio/WMLB-1690-s39244/
listen to the current show on SoundCloud:
Matthew Chenoweth and Mark Dannells, owners of the Atlanta based guitar store Boutique Guitar Exchange are set to host a guitar-themed radio show Thursdays at 5:00-6:00 pm with a rebroadcast Tuesdays 8:00-9:00 pm on AM 1690 “Voice of the Arts” starting Thursday, January 7th.
The show will consist of live performances, gear demonstrations and interviews featuring national artists and up and coming local musicians. “As far as I know, there hasn’t been a radio show in Atlanta that focuses on guitar related topics. I think this is a really unique way we can both promote our store and showcase some great artists that we have collectively met over the years”, says Dannells.
Chenoweth describes the program as, “…A modern version of the old “Louisiana Hayride” radio show. We have so many friends that are great musicians, it will be fun to get them in the studio to play a little bit and just have a great time!” As the shows are recorded for radio, BGX plans to video tape the episodes for their YouTube channel, and create podcasts for their new website.
Both owners are veterans of the Atlanta Music scene, having been actively performing and recording in the area for over two decades. Chenoweth moved to the Atlanta area with TVT/Ace of Hearts recording artists Crab Daddy and has since played with such acts as Tag Team, Brain Box, The Goldest and more recently with the Southern honky tonk band Convoy. Dannells has played guitar for national artists such as Angie Aparo, Butch Walker, Skid Row and is currently with the 70s/80s tribute act Yacht Rock Revue. Coincidentally enough, the two met in the early 90s where they both worked at Boston’s Daddy’s Junky Music store while attending Berklee College of Music.
Boutique Guitar Exchange (A.K.A. BGX) is a shop in the Virginia-Highlands area of Atlanta that specializes in Handmade/Boutique/Vintage guitars, amps and accessories, as well as entry and mid-line equipment hand picked by Matt & Mark to assure it’s quality is up to standard. Although many professionals and collectors are among their clients, they are equally dedicated to supporting the local scene and providing private lessons to musicians of all levels.
We will have links to the aired segments and videos coming soon!
- 1/7/16 Debut Show with Blake Rainey & Nick Niespodziani of Yacht Rock Revue and Venkman's.
- 1/14/16 Pt 2 of Blake Rainey, and an interview with Jeff Carlisi (38 Special).
- 1/21/16 City Mouse live at BGX and Pt 1 of our tribute to David Bowie's Guitar "Heroes".
- 1/28/16 Jacob Deaton live at BGX, and Pt 2 of our tribute to David Bowie's Guitar "Heroes".
- 2/4/16 Interviews with Van Temple (The Producers), and Tim Smith (Noel Gallagher/Indianapolis Jones). Greg Lee live at BGX.
- 2/11/16 Crush the Keepers live at BGX. A tribute Grammy winning guitarists.
- 2/18/16 Pt 1 of ZBB's John Driskell Hopkins live at BGX and we play tracks from John Suhr Guitars Artist Michael Landau
- 2/25/16 Interview with Georgia Music Partners' Tammy Hurt, Part 2 with ZBB's John Driskell Hopkins, and Book of Colors plays BGX.
- 3/4/16 Pt 1 of James Hall live at BGX, a live track from fusion supergroup "The Ringers" featuring Michael Landau, Jimmy Herring and Wayne Krantz.
- 3/10/16 Pt 2 of James Hall live at BGX, and we play tracks from Magnatone Amp Artists Billy Gibbons, Jeff Beck and Neil Young
- 3/17/16 BGX Radio 11th Episode "Best of Spectacular". Highlights from the first 10 shows.
- 3/24/16 Starbenders live at BGX, and we welcome Spring by playing some tunes that feature Spring Reverb.
- 3/31/16 Brooklynn live at BGX, and we play tracks by Ace Frehley, and Robin Trower.
- 4/7/16 Dusty Roads Live at Venkman's and an interview with bandleader/guitarist John Mickelson.
- 4/14/16 Part One with Butch Walker and tracks from Steve Hackett
- 4/21/16 Part Two with Butch Walker and Music from Moontower and Sazerac.
- 4/28/16 BGX pays tribute the Purple Wizard...Prince. We play B sides, Rarities and Live Performances from his prolific career.
- 5/5/16 Von Grey Live at Venkman's
- 5/12/16 SHRED GUITAR! Selections from Paul Gilbert, Yngwie Malmsteen, Al Di Meola, Shawn Lane, Mattias Eklundh, Buckethead...and more!
- 5/19/16 Atlanta's Pls Pls live at BGX, and a birthday tribute to Pete Townshend.
- 5/26/16 Mother Finest guitarist Moses Mo stops by BGX to talk about his career and plays live with his new band Two Ton Message.
- 6/2/16 REPEAT of 2/4/16. Interviews with Van Temple (The Producers), and Tim Smith (Noel Gallagher/Indianapolis Jones). Greg Lee live at BGX.
- 6/9/16 BGX Radio 23rd Episode "Best of Spectacular". Show highlights from 3/24/16-5/26/16.
- 6/16/16 REPEAT of 2/25/16 Interview with Georgia Music Partners' Tammy Hurt, Part 2 with ZBB's John Driskell Hopkins, and Book of Colors plays BGX.
- 6/23/16 REPEAT of 4/14/16 Part One with Butch Walker and tracks from Steve Hackett
- 6/30/16 The Sundogs visit Matt Chenoweth at BGX and play songs from their latest release "Cut and Run", as well as 2008's "Instrument of Change".
- 7/7/16 Repeat of our Debut Show from 1/7/16. Blake Rainey & Nick Niespodziani of Yacht Rock Revue and Venkman's.
- 7/14/16 Grammy/Oscar Nominated Singer/Songwriter/Producer Matthew Wilder talks to Mark at BGX. We play music from various stages of his career including the debut of his new 2016 release "Lightning Rod".
- 7/21/16 A repeat of our show broadcast on 1/14/16 Pt 2 with Blake Rainey, and an interview with Jeff Carlisi (38 Special).
- 7/28/16 A repeat of our show broadcast on 1/21/16 City Mouse live at BGX and Pt 1 of our tribute to David Bowie's Guitar "Heroes".
- 8/3/16 Emma Prybis plays live on BGX promoting her new CD "Gold". Also, we revisit some great guitar performances from the original Woodstock Music and Art Fair held in August of 1969